An expecting mother endures many changes to their body and life. One that is often not overlooked and under prepared for is the swollen feet during pregnancy. The increase in weight can affect the amount of pressure on the knees and feet. Posture also often changes with the new balancing the body must perform, applying more pressure to the legs and feet.
- Compression stockings are the easy solution for swollen, tired and achy feet.
- Elevate your legs periodically throughout the day. Take breaks often throughout the day, it's ok, you're an expecting mother!
- Wear shoes that fit well. No high heels or tight shoes, what are you trying to do to yourself?
- Avoid salt which causes water retention and drink plenty of water.
- Ask your husband for a foot massage, it's the least he can do.
Compression socks are invaluable during a pregnancy, they apply pressure to the legs, reducing swelling, and increasing circulation. Adding much needed energy and comfort. Compression stockings are also good to use in the prevention of varicose veins and make a great baby shower gift. Baby showers are typically six weeks before the birth and at the pinnacle time of most expectant mothers really starting to feel bad foot pain.